The Simon Family JCC is dedicated to encouraging tolerance and inclusivity in the community by providing facilities and programs that are open to all. The standards for excellence and inclusivity for its social, recreational, health and educational programs remain rooted in its Jewish values and which remain a guide for all future actions. It stands as a common meeting ground promoting enrichment and unity for the Jewish and general community.
The Simon Family JCC started life as the Tidewater Jewish Community Center in 1952. It was located on Spotswood Avenue in Norfolk from 1952 – 1966. It then moved to Newport Avenue in Norfolk, where it remained until 2004. In 2004, the current campus in Virginia Beach opened its doors. Throughout its history, the JCC has been a center for the entire community, providing a family-friendly environment where we can all stay healthy, body and mind. We have always been and continue to be an organization guided by our Jewish values and welcoming to all members of the community, regardless of age, faith or background.
From the moment you enter our soaring limestone entry, you’ll know the Simon Family JCC is more than just a great gym. Members at the JCC have access to:
- State-of-the-art fitness & cardio equipment
- Free classes: more than 65 per week, including Zumba®, BODYPUMP®, Yoga, Pilates, Dance, Spinning, and more
- Free drop-in childcare while you work out
- Locker rooms with steam room & sauna
- 3 Indoor heated indoor pools & an outdoor water park
- Convenient towel service
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts
- Fully equipped playgrounds
- Athletic fields (baseball, softball, football, soccer)
- 2 Free Be Well orientations with fitness staff