Pickleball is now included with your monthly JCC membership
All you need to do is join VA757 Pickleball Association for $20/year
$15 for potential-members | $5 daily drop-in fee
7 days a week
Never heard of Pickleball? Well, you’re probably not alone. Almost a meld of badminton and tennis, it is fun, has a funny name, and is one of the fastest growing sports in the U.S. The Simon Family JCC and Virginia 757 Pickleball Association are working together to offer Pickleball here at the Simon Family JCC. Membership includes play on 8 dedicated courts with options for skill training, beginner clinics to learn the sport and improve your game, structured play by skill level, and open play during designated times. Pickleball is available for all ages*.
Sign up at the JCC front desk.
For more information, email VA757Pickleball@gmail.com.
In the News:
Popular Pickleball at the JCC celebrated its grand opening with plenty of players – The Virginian Pilot
Pickleball facilities reserved for Virginia 757 Pickleball Clinics, Skill level play, and Skills & Drills**
Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday: 8 AM – 11:30 AM
Tuesday/Thursday: 5 PM – 8 PM
Guided Rotational Play for all skill levels beginning Saturday, October 12th
Saturdays: 8 AM – 12 PM (weather permitting)
Players will be separated by skill levels: Beginner Level – 1.0 to 2.5, Intermediate Level – 3.0 to 3.5, and Advanced Level – 4.0+. Skills & Drills as well as Round Robin type play are expected to be added depending on player participation. If you are uncertain about your skill level, you can do a self assessment by obtaining the player skill rating definitions at USAPA.org.
Beginner Clinic Hours**
Saturdays: 9 AM – 10:15 AM
Thursdays: 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM (except Halloween)
Courts available for open play for monthly Pickleball memberships and drop-ins during JCC operating hours when not reserved for structured play by Virginia 757 Pickleball.
Structured play at JCC
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere where all skill levels have the opportunity to enjoy rotational play within their skill level in a safe, respectful, competitive, and social environment
- Provides a way to introduce new players to Pickleball
- Enables players to participate in instructional sessions
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere where playing up or playing down (mixing player levels) is the norm
Open play at JCC
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere where JCC Pickleball members and their guests who choose to take advantage of drop-in play have the flexibility to schedule and manage their own play groups in a safe, respectful, competitive, and social environment
*Minors need parental consent.
Net set up and take down is the responsibility of the players.
Non-members and guests only have access to the courts.