The Simon Family JCC is dedicated to encouraging tolerance and inclusivity in the community by providing facilities and programs that are open to all. The standards for excellence and inclusivity for its social, recreational, health and educational programs remain rooted in its Jewish values and which remain a guide for all future actions. It stands as a common meeting ground promoting enrichment and unity for the Jewish and general community.
The Simon Family JCC started life as the Tidewater Jewish Community Center in 1952. It was located on Spotswood Avenue in Norfolk from 1952 – 1966. It then moved to Newport Avenue in Norfolk, where it remained until 2004. In 2004, the current campus in Virginia Beach opened its doors. Throughout its history, the JCC has been a center for the entire community, providing a family-friendly environment where we can all stay healthy, body and mind. We have always been and continue to be an organization guided by our Jewish values and welcoming to all members of the community, regardless of age, faith or background.
From the moment you enter our soaring limestone entry, you’ll know the Simon Family JCC is more than just a great gym. Members at the JCC have access to:
- State-of-the-art gym with Precor cardio, strength training machines, and free weights
- Three indoor heated pools
- Seasonal outdoor pool and water park
- 40+ free group exercise classes per week, including Zumba®, HIIT, yoga, Pilates, dance, spinning, line dancing, and more.
- Locker rooms with steam room and sauna
- Community and cultural arts events
- Educational programs
- Senior health & wellness events
- Athletic fields (baseball, softball, football, soccer)
- 9-hole miniature golf course
- Fully equipt playgrounds
- Indoor basketball gym
- Pickleball courts
- Complimentary wellness assessment
- Outdoor walking track